Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Primary Colors

Today was the Michigan primary. Voting was in a new location--a church, with a garden!--and I with my camera in my purse.


The area beyond this begonia basket is a shade garden, and the only color was from a few annuals, mostly impatiens. The shady garden was great--green and peaceful--with the usual suspects like hosta, fern and hydrangea; my camera, however, is primarily a color-seeker. Out front the hosta  buds were beginning to open--pure and white. I was seduced.


Also in front were a few more colorful perennials, with some added annual color. Somebody here cares enough to take time with the landscape. That is a good thing! Mixing politics and religion can be a bad thing, but filling in my ballot here today was the most pleasant voting experience I have ever had.

May Peace Prevail On Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment