Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Rainy Day Saturday - Hostas and their Companions

We have had excessive rain in Michigan this spring. I do love the rain and the thunderstorms and even the lightning--which makes more nitrogen available in the soil. A light sprinkle does not discourage me from taking the camera outside, either. I contend that the hostas also love the rain. Can you see the bright green of the lawn which I finished cutting today in the light rain?

Hosta companion by my pond - Heuchera 'Palace Purple'
Hosta 'Patriot'
A hosta in need of botox
Whisky barrel hosta  happily overflowing
Hostas nearly taken over by the Sweet Woodruff (Galium odoratum)

A rock in a heart place - two new transplants and bleeding hearts
Hosta camouflaged by the lamium--not good placement!
Hostas in the ivy & poppy patch may be  in need of division
Hosta with primula in garden of friend "O"
Friend's lovely and unusual hosta with a forgotten name

No comments:

Post a Comment