Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A May Morning in Michigan - Just Outside my Door


Yesterday, on a cool, sunny, rained-fresh morning, I stepped outside my back deck door to do a "bloom check" in my yard. Above, an azalea I cannot bring myself to trim back enough is hanging over the deck stairs.

Click for a closer look at  these lovely 5-point single azalea blooms.
The spiky globes of the Christophii Allium  are opening slowly.
This bleeding heart has grown quite large.
Martha Stewart describes the blooms of dicentra spectabalis alba (white) pictured on her blog as "puffy heart-shaped flowers with little dripping tears," on her recent May post about her farm.

I have only one of the "old fashioned" white bleeding hearts
One bleeding heart is surrounded by re-seeding forget-me-nots--a nice combo.
Ajuga reptans blooming blue by my little pond, which still needs work.
I love May mornings. No bugs. No sweat. A cup of coffee on the deck. Bird songs. I wish I could bottle it and open it up again in mid-summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment