Thursday, May 2, 2013

Wednesday Wildflower Walk in the Woods

A patch of trillium

ramps
The usual garden club April wildflower walk was postponed  because April was indeed a month of showers. On Monday I had  lunch on an outdoor deck, enjoying some celery and parsnip soup with a garnish of ramp pistou--that was a new one! On Wednesday the temperature approached the mid-eighties and the wildflowers were (almost literally) popping out from the forest floor. The trillium were in full glory, and I saw ramps growing wild.


celery and parsnip soup with ramp pistou

After  lunch we checked out the still over-flowing river:



On the Wednesday walk in the woods I learned a few new wildflower names, but can't remember them all. I will have to look them up. But here are some of the lovelies I have names for:


trout lily

Bloodroot

Dutchman's Breeches
                                                                                     
Mayapples

No comments:

Post a Comment